Work with the Best.
M*Modal knows clinical documentation — we have been providing coding services for over two decades.
We have a wide array of customers providing our coders the opportunity to work with different environments and specialty areas – so every day is something new and exciting. You have many opportunities to stretch your skills and broaden your expertise. Plus M*Modal has an in-house training department that provides cross training and training modules to assist our employees in career advancement. The best thing – you can do this from the comfort of your own home. Our coders have the opportunity to work remotely and can work flexible hours contingent on clients’ needs.
We are Currently Hiring Remote Coders and Traveling Coders
Location: Remote (Telecommute)
- Review medical records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patient’s healthcare encounter.
- Select the principal diagnosis and principal procedure, along with other diagnoses and procedures using UHDDS definition.
- Ensure appropriate DRG assignment.
- Abstract appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicit clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by providing education and training.
- Participate in Coding Roundtables through presentation of materials, articles and current issues related to coding and Health Information Management.
- Maintain current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Maintain effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
- Assist in working the QA queue for their assigned client when requested.
- CCS required; RHIA, RHIT preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of related coding experience; 5-7 years preferred.
- Understands medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, surgical technology, pharmacology and disease processes.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding principles and guidelines, reimbursement systems, federal, state and payor-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing.
- Must pass coding proficiency test.
Why Work for M*Modal:
We offer competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Three weeks of paid time off (120 hours) annually
- Seven paid holidays annually
- Signing/retention bonuses
- Education reimbursement including tuition allowance, CEU and credentials
- Quarterly prizes and giveaways for top performing coders
M*Modal has been listening to customers through transcription and coding services for over 40 years, with over 3,800 clients today, and is comprised of more than 10,000 dedicated employees based in five countries. We are dedicated to delivering the experience, technology and vision necessary to fully leverage the meaning, use and insights hidden away inside the physician’s narrative. Our cloud-based speech, analytics and workflow technologies help automate and simplify review processes to improve accuracy and coder productivity, whether remote or onsite. M*Modal medical coding solutions provide coders the tools they need to address today’s coding needs and simplify the transition to ICD-10. You will not only have the opportunity to become educated on ICD-10 as well as other educational opportunities to advance your career; with our coding solutions you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of records. Every day brings you new opportunities to stretch your coding skills, share your expertise, promote higher quality documentation and, ultimately, better patient care.
If you would like to join a fast growing team, please click “Apply Now” and search for our Coding opportunities.
What Our Employees Are Saying:
“It is truly the best of both worlds. As I provide consistent coverage and correct coding, I am afforded the opportunity to make my own hours and enjoy my family life.”
“I’m given the great opportunity to use state of the art coding technology as it becomes available. It increases my productivity, my quality and my confidence as a coding professional. I am also afforded the opportunity to tryout up-and-coming technology and offer my real world opinions on the application.”
“M*Modal is a great place to work because I don’t have to worry about completing a contract at a facility and then wondering if I will have work again soon – there is always a constant supply of work here and constant paycheck coming in, which is great.”
Professional and Coding Candidates:
+91 22 3307 7000 / 3307 7077