M*Modal Debuts Cloud-Based Speech Understanding™ Platform With Extensive M*Modal ‘Fluency’ Family of Clinical Solutions
Platform includes new M*Modal Fluency DirectTM to speech-enable EHRs and orchestrate healthcare workflows
Franklin, TN – May 9, 2012 – M*Modal (MModal Inc. – NASDAQ/GS: MODL), a leading provider of clinical documentation services and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced the launch of M*Modal Fluency™, a new family of clinical solutions built on the Company’s cloud-based healthcare Speech Understanding platform. The Company also today introduced M*Modal Fluency Direct™, which speech-enables EHRs and other clinical systems on any workstation, anywhere in the enterprise to assist care providers from every medical specialty in the creation of high-quality clinical documentation. Providers can conversationally update patient narratives while M*Modal Fluency Direct interprets and understands their statements and populates EHR templates in a real-time, single process.
“At M*Modal, we’ve taken a unique approach to capturing the complete patient story through the power of advanced Speech Understanding,” said Vern Davenport, Chairman and CEO, M*Modal. “We see the doctor’s narrative as a rich source of unstructured clinical data that can now be easily created, explored and analyzed to enhance the quality of care in the most efficient and meaningful ways, while improving internal processes, such as reimbursement.”
Benefitting from a decade of continuous advancements, this latest market introduction furthers M*Modal’s rich heritage of delivering speech technologies, contextual understanding and workflow orchestration technologies to the healthcare industry. The new line of M*Modal Fluency clinical solutions has been built on M*Modal’s proprietary cloud-based Speech Understanding platform. The M*Modal Fluency family of solutions was designed to orchestrate information-enabled dynamic workflows that improve the quality, completeness and compliance of clinical documentation. M*Modal Fluency Direct provides:
- Speech Understanding Capability: This capability surpasses traditional speech recognition technology, by analyzing the spoken word, understanding the intent and generating actionable data that informs and drives workflow – all with unmatched accuracy in a real-time, single process.
- Fully Integrated Enterprise-Class Technology: Whether relying on mobile reporting, direct EHR speech enablement or simply back-end transcription, providers enjoy a consistent, personalized experience from any location. All M*Modal Fluency solutions rely on a single, cohesive technology platform housed in the cloud.
- Out-of-the-Box Accuracy from Day One: There is no need to train M*Modal Fluency. For the past eight years and 200,000 physician voices later, the system has processed and analyzed huge quantities of data to understand the spoken word and in what context it was spoken. It understands each physician’s accent, dialect, cadence and any sub-specialty terminology right out of the gate.
- The Power of the Cloud: M*Modal Fluency allows providers to access a reliable and secure platform anytime, anywhere, on any workstation and provides IT departments with a streamlined deployment model that is easy to maintain.
- Meaningful Use and ICD-10: M*Modal Fluency enables providers to be more efficient at capturing patient information in their clinical systems. This in turn drives adoption of EHRs and facilitates compliance with incentive programs such as Meaningful Use, as well as assisting with the transition to ICD-10.
The M*Modal Fluency family of speech understanding solutions includes:
- M*Modal Fluency Direct™: Integrates effortlessly with leading EHRs and other clinical systems. Rather than typing, physicians simply speak into their EHR. In a single step, their voice instantly populates their system of choice.
- M*Modal Fluency for Transcription™: Offers a single document management and workflow solution integrating the capture of voice with speech recognition, editing and electronic signature tools. Includes document distribution and EHR integration capabilities as well as advanced reporting analytics for data-driven decisions in support of workflow and quality improvements.
- M*Modal Fluency for Imaging™: Redefines reporting by combining three solutions into one comprehensive platform – Speech Understanding technology with real-time prompts, unified worklists and departmental business analytics – to measurably improve productivity, efficiency, quality and patient outcomes.
- M*Modal Fluency for Coding™: Uniquely combines computer-assisted coding, an embedded encoder and powerful workflow management tools to instantly impact the bottom line and ease the transition to ICD-10.
- M*Modal Fluency for Practices™: Enables physician practices to be compliant and productive with a cloud-based document management platform, easy dictation, quality transcription and seamless integration with EHRs and other clinical systems.
“M*Modal Fluency is plug-and-play. It’s helpful to be able to just carry the mic as opposed to carrying a big computer with you,” said Daniel Fischman, MD, MMM, Physician Champion for Clinical Informatics, PinnacleHealth. “M*Modal is very precise regarding physician language. It’s geared towards the way physicians think and the way physicians speak. When I want to capture a patient or physician conversation, I’m now able to dictate complex or long conversations in a natural conversational manner.”
“Speech capability in the health care marketplace is exploding. However, to be successful, speech must be accompanied by natural language understanding,” said Dave Garets, General Manager and Executive Director of the Health Care IT research services, The Advisory Board Company. “The solution in demand is a cloud technology platform that a physician can leverage anywhere, anytime, with a unique voice profile that speeds more granular clinical documentation and helps enrich the information in the health care organization’s EMR and business intelligence tools.”
M*Modal (NASDAQ/GS: MODL) is a leading provider of clinical transcription services, clinical documentation workflow solutions, advanced cloud-based Speech Understanding™ technology, and advanced unstructured data analytics. Recognized as the largest clinical transcription service in the U.S. with a global network of medical editors, M*Modal also offers voice to text solutions to capture the complete patient story, codifies the doctor’s narrative to automatically populate EHRs and other key healthcare information systems, delivers computer-assisted coding to support ICD-9 and the transition to ICD-10, and provides highly advanced analytical tools for exploring the richness within the “unstructured” narrative for improvements in quality of care, greater physician satisfaction and lower operational costs. For more information, please visit www.mmodal.com, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.