M*Modal knows clinical documentation — we have been providing coding services for over two decades.
We have a wide array of customers providing our coders the opportunity to work with different environments and specialty areas – so every day is something new and exciting. You have many opportunities to stretch your skills and broaden your expertise. Plus M*Modal has an in-house training department that provides cross training and training modules to assist our employees in career advancement. The best thing – you can do this from the comfort of your own home. Our coders have the opportunity to work remotely and can work flexible hours contingent on clients’ needs.
Location: Remote (Telecommute)
As an experienced M*Modal coder you will be responsible for providing coding and abstracting services for clients on acute care inpatient. You will use established coding principles and your knowledge and experience to assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of the medical record to obtain the appropriate DRG. As a coding leader, you will participate in industry forums as well as support coding education within the team. You will be located on a remote basis at a home office.
- Reviews medical records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patient’s health care encounter.
- Selects the principal diagnosis and principal procedure, along with other diagnoses and procedures using UHDDS definition. Ensures appropriate DRG assignment.
- Abstracts appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicits clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- Participates in Coding Roundtables through presentation of materials, articles and current issues related to coding and Health Information Management.
- Maintains current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Maintains effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
Location: Remote (Telecommute)
The Auditor conducts clinical coding audits as defined by client contracts for audit service. Contributes to the ongoing development and refinement of proprietary audit tools. Provides education to audit clients as required by the deliverables of the contract. Acts as coding subject matter expert as needed.
- Assures client coding audits are completed accurately and timely
- Conducts coding audits adhering to nationally recognized coding guidelines and standards
- Generates narrative audit summary reports as needed.
- Support internal and external audit services provided to clients
- Perform auditing for a broad spectrum of cases
- Provides input and advice regarding educational topics based on audit trends
- Represents company via professional meeting attendance
M*Modal has been listening to customers through transcription and coding services for over 40 years, with over 3800 clients today, and is comprised of more than 10,000 dedicated employees based in five countries. We are dedicated to delivering the experience, technology and vision necessary to fully leverage the meaning, use, and insights hidden away inside the physician’s narrative. Our cloud-based speech, analytics and workflow technologies helps automate and simplify review processes to improve accuracy and coder productivity, whether remote or onsite. M*Modal medical coding solutions provides coders the tools they need to addresses today’s coding needs and simplify the transition to ICD-10. You will not only get the opportunity to get educated on ICD-10 as well as other educational opportunities to advance your career, with our coding solutions you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of records. Every day brings you new opportunities to stretch your coding skills, share your expertise, and promote higher quality documentation, and ultimately better patient care.
Why Work for M*Modal:
We offer competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Three weeks of paid time off (120 hours) annually
- Seven paid holidays annually
- Job related education reimbursement, CEU and credentials
- Opportunities to move into mentoring/QA positions
If you would like to join a fast growing team, please click “Apply Now” and search for our Coding opportunities.