M*Modal Demonstrates Speech-Enabled Clinical Documentation Capabilities at the HIMSS13 Interoperability Showcase
Published on March 4, 2013
Franklin, Tenn. – March 4, 2013 – M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced its participation in the Interoperability Showcase at the 2013 Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS) Conference.
For the showcase, M*Modal is demonstrating its cloud-based M*Modal Fluency Direct™ and M*Modal Catalyst™technology platforms and how the combination of front-end speech understanding and data analytics can help healthcare professionals capture patient narratives, aggregate data across an enterprise in real time and retrospectively, and uncover insights to drive action.
M*Modal is a founding member of The Health Story Project , an alliance of healthcare vendors, providers and associations, which is sponsoring a use case at the Interoperability Showcase.
“M*Modal is committed to developing clinical documentation solutions that retain the patient story across EHR systems, support data reuse, and improve both physician productivity and patient outcomes,” said V. “Juggy” Jagannathan, vice president of research at M*Modal.
The Health Story Project use case follows a breast cancer patient from initial diagnosis through the treatment protocol. M*Modal’s demonstration enables users to create complex breast cancer summary documentation conversationally:
- M*Modal’s cloud-based speech recognition populates EHR templates automatically and enables full voice navigation across application features and functions
- Closed-loop feedback delivers real-time alerts to identify and address incomplete information
- Structured data and unstructured narrative documentation are analyzed to create a problem list specific to breast cancer
- Summary documentation is created based on American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) guidelines, and sent to other companies participating in The Health Story use case
- Voice-captured physician narratives are produced and exchanged using the Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture (C-CDA), a standard now part of Meaningful Use II requirements
M*Modal Catalyst provides the data analytics platform and M*Modal Fluency Direct provides the real-time voice-based close-loop feedback and structuring functionality.
The HIMSS Interoperability Showcase brings solution providers and decision-makers together in a “seeing-is-believing” interactive environment where attendees can become the patient in a clinical use case scenario and watch health data move from system to system. The 2013 HIMSS Interoperability Showcase will be held March 4-6, 2013 in New Orleans, La.
M*Modal is a leading healthcare technology provider of advanced clinical documentation solutions, enabling hospitals and physicians to enrich the content of patient electronic health records (EHR) for improved healthcare and comprehensive billing integrity. As the largest clinical transcription service provider in the U.S., with a global network of medical editors, M*Modal also provides advanced cloud-based Speech Understanding technology and data analytics that enable physicians and clinicians to capture and include the context of their patient narratives in a single step into electronic health records, further enhancing their productivity and the cost-saving efficiency and quality of patient care at the point of care. M*Modal has been recognized as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America, placing in the top third of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 for 2012.