M*Modal Selected by Central Florida Health Alliance for Integrated Clinical Documentation Solutions
Published on June 25, 2014
Transcription services, speech understanding and document insights delivered through a single, cloud-based speech architecture
Franklin, Tenn. – June 25, 2014 –M*Modal today announced it will provide Central Florida Health Alliance (CFHA) with a bundled, highly integrated set of clinical documentation software and services for acute and ambulatory care. Understanding how flexible, interactive clinical documentation solutions can save physicians time and help improve patient health, M*Modal has brought together foundational services like transcription with dynamic speech and document insight capabilities in a single platform.
CFHA is a two-hospital system that includes Leesburg Regional Medical Center and The Villages Regional Hospital. To complement and enhance documentation for their McKesson and eClinicalWorks electronic health record (EHR) systems, CFHA wanted to ensure that the physicians had strong support tools.
“Central Florida Health Alliance takes pride in providing progressive, innovative technology along with strong relationships with patients, physicians and residents of the communities we serve,” said Dave Steele VP/CIO of CFHA. “We were impressed with M*Modal’s speech understanding technology – our physicians are positive about the product for its mobility and use in both acute and ambulatory settings.”
M*Modal is providing CFHA with a full suite of products and services, all leveraging a single, cloud-based speech architecture:
- Scalable, high-quality transcription services, including radiology transcription overflow
- M*Modal Fluency for Transcription™, a single document workflow and workload management solution that includes integrated voice capture and speech recognition workflows, editing and electronic signature tools and real-time scoreboards/dashboards
- Document Insights functionality, which analyzes clinical information extracted from M*Modal Fluency for Transcription documents, allowing HIM departments to immediately unlock insights from transcription documents to support quality initiatives, clinical documentation improvement (CDI) and improved patient care
- M*Modal Fluency Direct™, speech understanding software which integrates effortlessly with leading EHRs and other clinical systems, allowing physicians to simply speak into and populate their EHR in a single step
- CAPD (Computer Assisted Physician Documentation), which allows users to receive real-time insights within their workflow –providing real-time messaging to physicians at the point of care for improving completeness of patient records
“At M*Modal, we understand what hospitals need to balance complete and accurate documentation, physician adoption of new systems, analytics for quality improvements, cost management and, of course, quality patient care,” said Duncan James, CEO of M*Modal. “We’ve developed technology and services that deliver these requirements, through flexible workflows and tools that help physicians transform words into insight and action.”
M*Modal is a leading healthcare technology provider of advanced clinical documentation solutions, enabling hospitals and physicians to enrich the content of patient electronic health records (EHR) and electronic medical records (EMR) for improved healthcare and comprehensive billing integrity. As the largest clinical transcription and coding services provider in the U.S., with a global network of medical editors, M*Modal also provides advanced cloud-based Speech Understanding technology and data analytics that enable physicians and clinicians to capture and include the context of their patient narratives in a single step into electronic health records, further enhancing their productivity and the cost-saving efficiency and quality of patient care at the point of care. For more information, please visit www.mmodal.clientcreative.com, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.